Thursday, May 8, 2008

Take My Medicine

Blake is taking Flagyl now on day 3 of 10, and I seriously don't know if we will make it to day 10. He takes 5mls 3x a day for 10 days. That is a whole syringe full! You start giving the medication and he sucks it down but with in sec. he starts quivering and rubbing his eyes and nose, this morning his lips turned blue because he held his breath. The medicine must be sour? I need some advice on giving meds to a 4 month old... We can't put it in his milk because we tried the Culturell in his bottle at the hospital and he stopped taking a bottle all together.

2 comments:

Knierim said...

Can you take it back to the pharmacist and see if they can flavor it in some way?? Good luck!

The Knightens said...

If you haven't already done this, there is a pharmacy in homewood, right off hwy 31 called the compounding shop-or something similar. I know they will mix medications together, and I bet they have a variety of flavorings.