Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Blake update

Well where do I start?
We had a good night and thought we were possibly over this mess and another abdominal episode happened this afternoon. Blake will start a blood curling scream, sweating, drawing his knees up and grasping for you all at the same time. We gave him Mylicon, and Tylenol which eventually knocked him out. The doctor came in and ordered a ultrasound of his belly. The radiologist felt everything looked okay which leaves us again with no answers. Dr. Hefner said Blake's C-diff culture came back positive which in babies less than 6 months it is somewhat expected to be positive so they aren't sure if it's positive because he really has it? (if that makes any sense) Also he had some WBCs in his stool sample which indicates a infection.. I don't know what to think.. I do not want him to come home and still be hurting the way he has and at the same time I want us to be home so he can rest and be in his own bed........The game plan for now is to watch him through the night and watch the fever/diarrhea possibly if improving they will put him on an antibiotic to kill the C-diff. and hopefully go home....? But all a guess for now!


I will be on NBC13 News tomorrow! I did my photos today at the studio and met my personal trainer for the Biggest Loser competition! I am guessing it will be on the morning show of NBC13 but you will also be able tomorrow to go to the website for NBC13 and see my pictures and read my daily BIO and my competitiors BIOs!!!!!!!!Go Beth Go!!!!!

No comments: