Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Bit of a Bad Day :-(

So the day started like this
Drue up at 4:30 am and driving to Atlanta to work for the day.
Beth and Blake up at 6:00 am, Got Alexis up getting ready for school, got Lauren up , We drove Alexis to school.
Back home, Getting Blake and Lauren ready for their school day. Packing Lunches, Packing school papers, brushing teeth and hair , while getting myself dressed and feeding the kids breakfast.
I noticed my cell phone is missing, start a frantic search through my house with no luck of finding it. Now it is fastly approaching 9:00 which is School time, I forgot it was picture day for Blake, so I grab his good clothes and started ironing. While ironing I also realized I told my neighbor I would pick her boys up from school today as well, which meant installing two more carseats in my van. I ran out to my van pulled all the junk out poped up seats started installing. Got Blake dressed, Lauren dressed and we are heading out the door when I glance over at Blake to tell him to come on and see he has a Bright Orange marker and colors his outfit, face, arms and leg all in a matter of seconds..... There was NO time to turn back so I grab my wipes, throw him in his carseat start trying to get the marker off him and the clothes. Drive to School.. Drop Lauren off, Take Blake to his class and apoligize for bringing a kid to picture day with Orange marker all over him.
Head back home to grab a quick shower, It is now 9:15 and I have to leave by 10:00 to make it to St. Vincent's hospital. I am drying hair, still looking for my cell and thinking about what all has to be done for our eveing meal at the Ronald McDonald house.
In the car agian to St. Vincent's Hospital, don't really know what building I am going to but I have to hurry because I have a buisness luncheon starting at 11:30 and it is now 10:30. Finally find the building I was looking for and drop off a present for a friend. Start heading back to the parking deck, which started raining, I didn't have a umbrella so trying to hurry, open a side door to the hospital and down I went. Landing on my knees of which I've had many surgeries on, so now I am limping, in a hurry to the parking deck.
Drive to the luncheon... arrive at 11:25. Just making it on time. Enjoyed a lunch break and notice the time is 1:05, I must pick Lauren, Blake and the friend up by 1:30-1:40 and I am about 20 mins away. So I hurry to pick them up, load all three in there car seats head home. Arrive home at 2:00 unload all three and start putting items in the oven for Ronald McDonald. Knee throbing from the fall earlier I continue to change into our Helping Hands t-shirts and jeans. Give the kids a snack and reload all of them in the van to pick up our other friend from elemenatary school and then to get Alexis at the Middle shcool. We have everyone picked up and back to the house by 3:25 . I take the food out of the ovens, and off the stove, unload all the carseats and pop down the seats in the van so I can load all the food. Get all the food loaded and Leave a Sitter will all the kids. I start heading to Costo to pick up the Rotiseri Chickens, Green beans ,desserts and Sweet Tea. It is now 3:50 and I was hoping to arrive at Ronald McDonald by 4:15. I get everything picked up and now off to Ronald McDonald House! Arrive at 4:35, and greeted by a sweet smiling face of a fellow member of the Helping Hands Ministry Heather! We realize NO one else would be coming tonight to help us set up and we had tons to do to have dinner ready for the residents by 5:00. We start deboning the chickens, putting things in the ovens and filling easter eggs with scriptures. After a Fantastic visit with the residents we start to head home. Arrive home at 6:35, get supper ready for my family. We eat I spend a little time with Alexis and Off to bed at 9:15! Back up at 12:00 am thinking about the launch of the new website, and looking for my phone!

Even though it was a very stressful day, I give all the glory to God. God used me two different times to day for his kingdom and I wouldn't have it any other way! I hope I served with a grateful heart and a loving heart. Sometimes with the stress of getting it all done in a day can make for a bad attitude. But you know after seeing and talking with the Residents of Ronald McDonald House, I have NOTHING to complain about! I am so BLESSED to be able to cook dinner for them.

2 comments:

The Tinsleys said...

I second that last part. I am always in such a good mood after RMH. I can only pray that I may touch one person's heart the way some of the RMH residents touch mine.

The Stevens said...

ok that gave me a headache and a huge appreciation of my boring life :)